Thursday, January 21, 2010

T-minus 10 days 'til meatless months

My husband and I decided that the best way to shed the pounds (and be healthy)is to go vegetarian. Not pesco-tarian (still including fish in their diet), but vegetarian. Sounds easier in writing, but we are up to the challenge.

Just a short background: Way back in 2000 (or thereabouts), I WAS vegetarian. My husband had a head start of about 3 years. I did it for approximately 3 years. It was hard, especially in a culture (I am Filipino) where meat is considered a vegetable. Nevertheless, I did it, for 3 years. I felt good.

Lamb was my downfall (hubby's was a burger). It happened one day, while shopping for my usual (vegetarian) fare. I stumbled across a nice red lamb chop.....That was it for me.

This time, it will be different. DISCIPLINE is key. This blog will help me (and in turn, my husband) stay on track. I vow to use my creativity in making living vegetarian a delicious and satisfying lifestyle.

Keep an eye out for some recipes that will be tried and tested in my kitchen.

Vegetarian in February...here we go!

2 comments: