Monday, January 25, 2010

Pantry Staples

January is almost over, and I am already thinking about pantry staples for the months ahead. This is my list of staples, but you can strip it down to what suits you.

What I have in my pantry right now:

Spices
I have an arsenal of spices but the most basic ones I use are:

Black Pepper
Paprika (just love this!)
Nutmeg
Dry mustard
Cinnamon
Fennel Seeds
Curry
Garlic powder
Ginger powder
Onion powder
Oregano
Rubbed Sage
Red pepper flakes
Salt

Dry and Canned Goods:
Whole wheat pasta
Couscous
Brown Rice
Whole grains (Quinoa, Barley, Bulgur wheat, Oats)
Canned Cannellini beans
Lentils
Chickpeas
Canned tomatoes
Canned pumpkin

Frozen Goods
Bagged frozen fruits
Green Peas
Pearl Onions
Spinach
Corn

Baking Needs (Don't laugh but I really have different types of flour in my pantry)
All Purpose Flour
Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
Teff flour
Almond flour
Corn flour
Semolina Flour
Sugar
Baking powder
Baking Soda
Vanilla extract
Baking Chocolate
Chocolate Chips
Medjool dates

Cooking Essentials
Soy sauce
Miso
Dried mushrooms (Shiitake, Porcini)
Stir fry sauces (Hoisin sauce, Oyster Sauce)
Marinating sauces (Pomengranate syrup)
Vegetable broth (canned or powdered)
Soy milk
Olive oil, Truffle Oil, sesame oil
Balsamic vinegar, rice vinegar
Peanut butter

Perishables(which I still have to get as it gets closer to the date)
Fresh seasonal vegetables
Tofu
Tempeh or seitan
Onions
Garlic
Lemons
Fresh Herbs

Looks like we're ready to rock and roll!

No comments:

Post a Comment